Superkidz promotes and supports your child's development in all key areas
Fabulous props, dress ups, and quality sports equipment
Classes are presented by our own special SUPER instructors (wearing glitter and tutus)
Children are engaged and know they are part of something Super!
Physical literacy is when children have developed the skills, confidence, and love of movement to be physically active for life.
- Superkidz supports your child to enjoy the social, emotional, physical, speech and language, and sensory benefits of physical activity.
- Fundamental movement skills provide the basic foundation for the development of physical literacy and are critical for child development.
- Fundamental movement skills include balance/ core strength, locomotor skills such as crawling, hopping, jumping and running, and object manipulation skills such as catching, throwing and kicking.
- Children who lack the skills and confidence to be physically active tend to withdraw from physical activity over time- with the associated health and developmental disadvantages.
Each class has the following elements specifically included to align with our core goals of enhancing each child's Confidence, Creativity and Coordination;
- Introduction (a warm-up song to prompt our budding superheroes to prepare for the class)
- A dance element (for fitness, coordination and fun)
- A sport/skill element (for fitness, general well-being, and movement skill development)
- A thinking/learning element (using pictures and activities and applying knowledge to the world around them, contributing their ideas)
- A closing element (will incorporate stretching, relaxation and reflections/recapping on the class)
- Our theme of the day will also promote cognitive development and life skills in areas such as early literacy, numeracy, shape recognition, hygiene, safety, nutrition...and more.
Our classes focus on Confidence, Creativity and Coordination as our major development areas;
- Confidence - allowing our future superheroes the opportunity to grow confident personalities and bond with other children through development of their self-confidence and self esteem
- Creativity - fostering imagination, encouraging cognitive and social-emotional development through fun, play and movement
- Coordination - our Super activities are chosen to promote fundamental movement skill development.
Superkidz is owned and operated by Amanda Turner
Amanda has been a Super instructor since 2017! She is eager to see children developing to their potential, promoting a love of movement and confidence to engage in Physical activity in the preschool years and beyond. She is an Accredited Exercise physiologist with a degree in Exercise Science (Honours) from the University of Wollongong and a background in the rehabilitation setting. She is also a full member of Exercise and Sports Science Australia. Amanda is a fully accredited swim teacher with training in teaching babies and toddlers, learn to swim and in teaching learners with a disability. At home, she has a Super husband and 3 of her own Super kids!
We are passionate about Superkidz being inclusive of all children and are committed to ongoing personal development to enable best practice in this area. The first Superkidz program was developed in 2014 with the assistance of qualified early childhood educators. Since then the program has been refined and reviewed from an Exercise Physiology perspective. Our classes have been designed to promote early physical literacy, focusing on the development of fundamental movement skills. Our classes are closely aligned with the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guide and Early Years Learning Framework (Belonging, Being, Becoming).
We pack so much in each lesson
We believe a varied day of play and fitness is essential for the development of bright and healthy children. Each one of our classes features:
We have a large variety of sports included in our programme. This gives your little superheroes a ground and confidence to pursue them further upon starting primary school
Music is incorporated in every lesson. We use, listen to, make and explore sounds, beats and instruments to assist in providing a solid grounding for music studies
Dancing is an active expression of emotions that helps promote movement patterns and, combined with music helps preschoolers learn to control their bodies and can lead to better concentration and self-control
Instilling health behaviours through structured activities at an early age lays the foundation for a healthier society as a whole
Stretching is so important for our bodies after exercise. Starting at a young age will increase longevity in sporting careers, muscle/joint agility and decrease injuries and muscle pain as well as time to relax and wind down before head back to class
Through activities that stimulate the mind and encourage free thinking, SuperKidz develops creativity and teach through structured learning that is both fun and outcome based (aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework