SuperKidz is a structured program that takes place in your centre for both boys and girls aged 2-6 that, through music, dance, fitness, sport and education, provides your little superhero with fun, active, educational development
SuperKidz is tailored and built to provide very specific development in a wide variety of areas. Spatial awareness, Gross and Fine motor control, Confidence (through self awareness and self esteem), Hand/Eye coordination, Social response and interaction, Patience. Positive team play (sharing and empathy), cognitive functions and much, much more.
Each class has the following elements specifically included to align with our core beliefs of Confidence, Creativity and Coordination;
- Introduction (a warm-up song to prompt our budding superheroes to prepare for the class)
- A dance element (for fitness, coordination and fun)
- A fitness element (for fitness, general well-being, gross motor skills and coordination)
- A thinking/learning element – using pictures and activities and applying knowledge to the world around them
- A closing element (will incorporate stretching, relaxation and reflections/recapping on the class)
Our classes focus on Confidence, Creativity and Coordination as our major development areas;
- Confidence - allowing our future superheroes the opportunity to grow confident personalities and bond with other children through development of their self-confidence and self esteem
- Creativity - fostering imagination and mental agility through fun, play and movement
- Coordination - our Super activities are chosen to best allow growth and development of coordination of all types incorporating physical fitness, body awareness, fine/gross motor skills, distance judgement, spatial awareness and hand/eye coordination
These core concepts, coupled with the development of cognitive skills, social skills, literacy and language skills as well as developing concepts of music will assist in a super start.
Our classes have been created by qualified early childhood educators and are are aligned with the Quality Practices Guide (by the National Childcare Accreditation Council) and Early Years Learning Framework (Belonging, Being, Becoming).
We pack so much in each lesson
We believe a varied day of play and fitness is essential for the development of bright and healthy children. Each one of our classes features:
We have a large variety of sports included in our programme. This gives your little superheroes a ground and confidence to pursue them further upon starting primary school
Music is incorporated in every lesson. We use, listen to, make and explore sounds, beats and instruments to assist in providing a solid grounding for music studies
Dancing is an active expression of emotions that helps promote movement patterns and, combined with music helps preschoolers learn to control their bodies and can lead to better concentration and self-control
Instilling health behaviours through structured activities at an early age lays the foundation for a healthier society as a whole
Stretching is so important for our bodies after exercise. Starting at a young age will increase longevity in sporting careers, muscle/joint agility and decrease injuries and muscle pain as well as time to relax and wind down before head back to class
Through activities that stimulate the mind and encourage free thinking, SuperKidz develops creativity and teach through structured learning that is both fun and outcome based (aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework